Kinsta is a premium managed WordPress hosting provider designed for all types of businesses, small or large. We're the first to be exclusively powered by Google Cloud Platform while utilizing an isolated container system. We believe that constant availability and an outstanding user experience are a must. That’s why we always utilize the latest software and most advanced technology to power our infrastructure.
- Full-time Remote
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting-edge technology and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! We're constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our awesome team. If you’d like to become part of the Kinsta family, just hit apply!
Kinsta is growing rapidly and we are looking for a Controller to oversee our finance function, and manage and lead accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, and taxation-related activities. As part of a globally distributed and rapidly growing company, the Controller will oversee compliance with global financial and tax reporting obligations, enhance Kinsta’s financial processes and policies, and manage a fully remote team that is scattered across the Americas and Europe.
- Manage a fully remote global Finance Team
- Ensure consistent compliance with global financial and tax reporting obligations
- Issue audited consolidated financial statements in compliance with GAAP
- Manage all accounting operations, including revenue recognition, journal entries, account reconciliations, and monthly financial close
- Oversee the annual budgeting and planning process
- Drive effective internal controls and processes and implement enhanced financial processes, policies, and systems
- At least 6 years of experience dealing with complex accounting matters
- Strong leadership and people management experience, preferably in a fully remote, global setting
- A strong understanding of UK GAAP/IFRS or US GAAP
- Native-level fluency in both written and spoken English
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or another relevant degree
- Proven experience in designing and implementing accounting processes and controls
- Outstanding communication skills
- CPA or chartered accountant is a strong advantage
- Experience as a controller or assistant controller at a rapidly growing SAAS or technology company
- Experience implementing ERP systems
- Experience overseeing taxes (direct and indirect) is a considerable advantage
- Fully remote culture with a globally distributed, international team. You can work anywhere with appropriate internet access.
- We offer a flexible and relaxed working environment where everyone can work in peace.
- In order to ensure that everyone has time to rest and recharge, we offer Flexible paid time off.
- Our positions offer a great deal of opportunity to learn and grow with the company.
Kinsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and we will take actions to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Kinsta's motivated team is scattered across the globe
You're in luck! We're actively looking for more talented and tech-savvy co-workers to join our awesome team. If you’re willing to learn a bunch of exciting new technologies at an innovative growing tech company, then please get in touch.
Life at Kinsta
Kinsta is a fun and welcoming place where our team members connect to each other around the things they love: travel, learning new languages, reading, family, pets, and more. Kinsta is also a place where quality work gets done.
We expect everyone to be honest and forthright with their ideas and contributions. Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals.
We're looking for people who can take the initiative and contribute ideas anywhere in the company. We promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment.
What we offer
Remote working environment
Remote expense budget
Kinsta annual retreat
Competitive base salary
Flexible PTO so that you can rest and recharge
Training budget to support you in your career development
How we review and select newcomers
You apply for one of our open positions
We might ask you to complete a short assessment (a video or a test)
We invite you to an initial HR call, so that we can get to know each other
We invite you to one or two rounds of more in-depth, technical interviews with the hiring manager and the team
If you've successfully passed all interview rounds, you’ll receive an offer from us
Once you've accepted our offer, you'll have to pass a background check
Welcome on board!