DevOps Engineer (Security)
Kinsta is a premium managed WordPress hosting provider designed for all types of businesses, small or large. We're the first to be exclusively powered by Google Cloud Platform while utilizing an isolated container system. We believe that constant availability and an outstanding user experience are a must. That’s why we always utilize the latest software and most advanced technology to power our infrastructure.
- Full-time Remote
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting-edge technology, and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe, with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! We're constantly looking for great talent to join our awesome team.
We are looking for a motivated and professional DevOps Engineer to join our Security team. The goal of this person will be to implement development tasks efficiently, raise security concerns and act as a consultation point on security.
- Complete assigned tasks: Responsibility for delivering assigned tasks effectively, practice ownership, communication, and other Kinsta Values, and communicate any foreseeable and unforeseen issues to the Security Team Lead.
- Code reviews: You are responsible for requesting code reviews and providing code reviews for your peers.
- Consultation and escalation: Responsibility to research, document, provide guidance and assist Kinsta team members on security-related issues.
- Raise security concerns: Responsibility to communicate about any security-related issues, raising them with team members and the Security Team Lead to ensure we track, prioritize and solve them.
- Minimum of 3 years of Linux system administration experience with an excellent general understanding of Linux, cloud networking, and server management.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with programming, Python programming would be an advantage but not essential.
- Automation experience as a software engineer.
- Experience with the standard WordPress stack (PHP, MySQL, WordPress)
- Experience working with ZFS
- Experience working with ELK stack
- Experience with Node.js apps
- Database query optimization
- Having worked in JIRA
- Good understanding of APIs and web service
- Good knowledge of Google Cloud's Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Kubernetes Engine
What we offer:
- We have a fully remote culture with a globally distributed, international team. You can work anywhere with appropriate internet access.
- To ensure that everyone has time to rest and recharge, we offer Flexible paid time off.
- We offer flexibility with work hours.
- Remote expense budget and personal career development budget.
- This position offers great flexibility, responsibility, and opportunity for growth.
Kinsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and we will take actions to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Kinsta's motivated team is scattered across the globe
You're in luck! We're actively looking for more talented and tech-savvy co-workers to join our awesome team. If you’re willing to learn a bunch of exciting new technologies at an innovative growing tech company, then please get in touch.
Life at Kinsta
Kinsta is a fun and welcoming place where our team members connect to each other around the things they love: travel, learning new languages, reading, family, pets, and more. Kinsta is also a place where quality work gets done.
We expect everyone to be honest and forthright with their ideas and contributions. Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals.
We're looking for people who can take the initiative and contribute ideas anywhere in the company. We promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment.
What we offer
Remote working environment
Remote expense budget
Kinsta annual retreat
Competitive base salary
Flexible PTO so that you can rest and recharge
Training budget to support you in your career development
How we review and select newcomers
You apply for one of our open positions
We might ask you to complete a short assessment (a video or a test)
We invite you to an initial HR call, so that we can get to know each other
We invite you to one or two rounds of more in-depth, technical interviews with the hiring manager and the team
If you've successfully passed all interview rounds, you’ll receive an offer from us
Once you've accepted our offer, you'll have to pass a background check
Welcome on board!