Technical Support Engineer - The Americas
Kinsta is a premium managed WordPress hosting provider designed for all types of businesses, small or large. We're the first to be exclusively powered by Google Cloud Platform while utilizing an isolated container system. We believe that constant availability and an outstanding user experience are a must. That’s why we always utilize the latest software and most advanced technology to power our infrastructure.
- Full-time Remote
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting edge technology and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! We're constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our awesome team. If you’d like to become part of the Kinsta family, hit apply!
Our client base is growing steadily and we’re looking for a competent Support Engineer with exceptional communication and technical skills who can provide enterprise level technical support to our customers via our live chat support system.
Support at Kinsta is not an afterthought; it is part of the Kinsta DNA and culture to provide world-class support to our customers.
As a Kinsta Support Engineer you will:
- Take ownership of issues reported by customers and see problems through to resolution.
- Research, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Crave knowledge and continue to hone and improve your own technical and non-technical skills.
- Monday to Friday, 2pm-10pm UTC
- Monday to Friday, 4pm-12am UTC (our team uses UTC for scheduling).
- The ideal Kinsta Support Engineer is technically knowledgeable, upbeat, professional, curious, and self-motivated.
- Excellent support is one of the cornerstones of our business, and we have the best support team in the business. Our clients have come to expect industry-leading support and it's our pleasure to deliver that to them. As a result, we're extremely careful about adding new Support Engineers to our team.
- We hire Support Engineers with a variety of different backgrounds and expertise - some of us are Linux systems administrators, others have previously worked as WordPress developers, while others are technically-knowledgeable internet generalists who have mastered the art of customer service. The underlying shared background amongst us all is our passion for serving our customers.
All of our Support Engineers must meet the following core requirements:
- Completely fluent in English with excellent written communication skills.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced and occasionally stressful environment interacting with multiple clients simultaneously while maintaining a professional and friendly tone.
- A strong understanding of and experience with the following technologies: Linux, NGINX, MySQL/MariaDB, PHP, DNS, CDN, and caching (object and page).
- Familiar with WordPress: database structure, file/directory structure, wp-config.php directives, and other common WordPress topics. Experience with WP-CLI preferred.
- Consummate professionalism: we're a distributed team and we expect you to act like the professional we know you are. That means being a member of the Kinsta team requires excellent communication, rock-solid reliability, and the drive to bring your best effort to bear on your work every single day.
- Completely fluent in a second language. Languages we're currently targeting include: Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish. If you are fluent in one of these languages or one not listed, please highlight this information when you apply!
- Prior experience working with customers over live chat in a technical role in a fast-paced environment - particularly experience providing live support for web hosting built on a LEMP stack
- This is a fully remote role. Our Support Engineers can work from anywhere with reliable broadband internet access and electrical infrastructure.
- This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, and opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
- We always use the latest version of everything: PHP 7.4, NGINX, Ubuntu 20.04, Linux containers, Google Cloud and more, so you’ll be able to work with a bunch of exciting technologies and use them every day!
Kinsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and we will take actions to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Kinsta's motivated team is scattered across the globe
You're in luck! We're actively looking for more talented and tech-savvy co-workers to join our awesome team. If you’re willing to learn a bunch of exciting new technologies at an innovative growing tech company, then please get in touch.
Life at Kinsta
Kinsta is a fun and welcoming place where our team members connect to each other around the things they love: travel, learning new languages, reading, family, pets, and more. Kinsta is also a place where quality work gets done.
We expect everyone to be honest and forthright with their ideas and contributions. Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals.
We're looking for people who can take the initiative and contribute ideas anywhere in the company. We promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment.
What we offer
Remote working environment
Remote expense budget
Kinsta annual retreat
Competitive base salary
Flexible PTO so that you can rest and recharge
Training budget to support you in your career development
How we review and select newcomers
You apply for one of our open positions
We might ask you to complete a short assessment (a video or a test)
We invite you to an initial HR call, so that we can get to know each other
We invite you to one or two rounds of more in-depth, technical interviews with the hiring manager and the team
If you've successfully passed all interview rounds, you’ll receive an offer from us
Once you've accepted our offer, you'll have to pass a background check
Welcome on board!